Walk-In Interviews at EPI
on Friday, May 24, 2019
We sat down with our Human Resources team to get answers to your most frequently asked questions.
Let's start with the obvious questions….when, where, what time, and what should I wear?
- When: Tuesday, June 4
- Where: We'll be at our Ansborough Office location - 760 Ansborough Avenue in Waterloo
- Time: Stop by any time between 1 - 3 pm or 4 - 6 pm
- Attire: Business casual is perfect (to us that means...slacks, khakis, dress shoes, button down shirt, polos, etc)
Should I bring anything to the walk-in interviews?
Great question! Please bring a copy of your current resume, a valid driver's license, and proof of auto insurance. It's also helpful, but not required, to bring your class schedule (if applicable). Come hungry! We will have light snacks available during the 1-3 pm hours and a light dinner available from 4-6pm.
Please treat this as you would any formal interviewing process and come ready to interview! Child care will not be available through EPI staff.
What positions are you looking to fill?
We have a number of great positions available right now (find a complete listing here). For this walk-in & interview event, we're most interested in meeting persons for our Direct Support Professional (DSPs) positions but will also be looking for Bus Drivers. DSPs support people in the activities they enjoy. It's real work that provides real purpose. Learn more about becoming a DSP here.
- We have opportunities for persons looking for a variety of shifts - All shifts available right now
- Full and part time positions available - we even have sleep shifts (yes, you can actually get paid to sleep!)
- No experience is necessary - we'll provide all of the training you'll need
What should I expect during the walk-in interviews?
When you arrive, we'll ask you to fill out a short questionnaire. Next, you'll be invited to a brief interview with one of our hiring managers. Interviews will be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis.
How can I make a great impression on the hiring manager?
Be yourself - remember it's just a conversation. Don’t forget to smile. Be polite. Give genuine answers - not just what you think they want to hear. Ask questions - remember this is a two-way street. Ask questions to make sure this is a good fit for you too.
How can I learn more about EPI?
Start here with a short video about us - then visit our social sites.
Can't make the walk-in interviews on June 4?
Simply apply online and we'll be in touch soon.