What's a walk-in interview, you ask? It's a little like speed dating - we'll each get a good idea if this working relationship will be a good fit. Unlike speed dating, we'll spring for lunch.
Want more tips? We sat down with our HR Specialist (aka recruiter-extraordinaire) to get answers to your most frequently asked questions.
Let's start with the obvious questions….when, where, what time, and what should I wear!
- When: Wednesday, October 25
- Where: We'll be at our Deery Center location - 3675 University Avenue in Waterloo
- Time: Stop by any time between 10 am and 1 pm
- Attire: Business casual is perfect (to us that means...slacks, khakis, dress shoes, button down shirt, polos, etc)
Should I bring anything to the walk-in interviews?
Great question! Please bring a valid driver's license and proof of auto insurance. It's also helpful, but not required, to bring your class schedule (if applicable), and current resume.
What positions are you looking to fill?
We have a number of great positions available right now (find a complete listing here). For this walk-in & interview event, we're most interested in meeting persons for our Direct Support Professional (DSPs) positions. DSPs support people in the activities they enjoy. It's real work that provides real purpose. Learn more about becoming a DSP here.
- We have opportunities for persons looking for a variety of shifts - All shifts available right now
- Full and part time positions available - we even have sleep shifts (yes, you can actually get paid to sleep on the job)
- No experience is necessary - we'll provide all of the training you'll need
Did you say "sign on bonus"?
Yes, we are offering a $750 sign on bonus for DSP positions. Candidates hired will need to meet requirements to earn the sign on bonus.
What should I expect during the walk-in interviews?
When you arrive, we'll ask you to fill out a short questionnaire. Next, you'll be invited to a brief interview with one of our hiring managers. Interviews will be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis.
How can I make a great impression on the hiring manager?
Be yourself - remember it's just a conversation. Don’t forget to smile. Be polite. Give genuine answers - not just what you think they want to hear. Ask questions - remember this is a two-way street. Ask questions to make sure this is a good fit for you too.
How can I learn more about EPI?
Start here with a short video about us - then visit our social sites.
Can't make the walk-in interviews on October 25? Simply apply online and we'll be in touch soon.