on Tuesday, March 8, 2022
While the CDC mask guidelines have changed based on community risk level, the CDC has not lifted this requirement at all healthcare facilities which includes EPI's direct service locations and while working with or visiting a person we support. The health of the people we support is our number one priority and we believe masks are crucial to creating a safe environment for those most vulnerable to the virus.
General Community Guidance Still Applies:
- Stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms.
- Continue to wash your hands frequently.
- Maintain improved ventilation. Avoid large crowds.
- Follow CDC recommendations for isolation and quarantine, including getting tested if you are exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Stay up to date on vaccines and boosters.
CDC recommending longer intervals between primary doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
The CDC is making evidence based changes to the COVID-19 vaccine dosing intervals. Experts says an 8-week interval may be optimal for some.
- 12 years and older, especially for males ages 12 - 39 years: 8 weeks
- Immunocompetent people ages 12 - 64 years: 8 weeks
- Moderately to severely immunocompromised adults 65+: remains at 3-4 weeks for optimal rapid protection
COVID-19 Vaccine/Booster Resources:
Increasing the rates of persons fully vaccinated continues to be our best line of defense to protect the people we serve and yourself from this virus.
- Use the CDC's Vaccine Finder
- Talk to your health care provider
- Visit your local pharmacy
Thank you for your continued efforts each and every day.