National Call-in Day - July 12
on Tuesday, July 11, 2017
Republican Leadership is still heavily pushing GOP Senators to support the bill now that they are back in Washington, DC and they need to keep hearing from you! The health care bill has such deep cuts and caps to Medicaid that it will lead to the closure of disability supports and services across the country, harming people with disabilities. A new draft of the bill which is expected to still contain Medicaid cuts and caps could be released as soon as this Thursday. Disability organizations across the nation, are participating in a National Call-in Day on Wednesday, July 12 to ask the Senate to save Medicaid. Please take 2 minutes on July 12 to literally lend your voice to thousands of others and remind your Senators of the consequences of their decisions for people with disabilities!
ANCOR - our national provider association - makes it easy! Just click here for the call tool - once you fill out the form so it can identify your Senators, the tool will show you:
- A link to your Senators' positions - against the bill, leaning against it, or for it;
- Scripts you can use for each situation;
- The phone numbers you can use to call your Senators' DC offices, where most of the policy-making staff work.
Call-in days are effective because they create large counts of calls on a specific issue, which Senate offices keep track of and use in their decision-making.
If you have an extra 2 minutes... tweet your Senators or write on their Facebook walls that day using #SaveMedicaid to further amplify the message. Here are some sample tweets:
- Medicaid helps PWD live lives like everyone else #SaveMedicaid
- Direct support workers are overworked & underpaid. Cutting & capping Medicaid makes the situation worse. #SaveMedicaid
You can influence your GOP Senators until the day they vote - so please mark your calendars for July 12 and keep calling after that. Advocacy is only effective if it is done LOUDLY, CLEARLY and OFTEN - keep calling your Senators!